23.09 - 29.09 | "Wytwórnia Ciszy"
Take your massage skills to a new level! This unique 6-day advanced Thai massage course is addressed to anyone who has a solid background in Thai massage or shiatsu (ideally at least a 10-day or 75-hour course, regardless of the school) and some massage practice (50 hours minimum).
Our main technical focus of this 6-day advanced course will be a combination of:
1) EFFORTLESS THAI MASSAGE
Learn to maximize efficiency and to work effortlessly by making the most of gravity and using different “tools”: forearms, elbows, feet, knees, and more! Save your thumbs, wrists and back… and keep smiling while you work – there is no need to sweat! ;-) Let massage become a relaxing experience both for you and your receiver.
~~ Inspired by the teachings of the Thai masters Pichest Boonthumme, Sinchai Supraskert, Jack Chaiya and Suwat Tong, among others.
2) DYNAMIC THAI MASSAGE
Enter a dance with the tissues and enjoy the freedom! Understand and apply the principles of fixed point, reciprocal tension, rhythm, oscillation, swing, resonance… to restore mobility and vitality in the body.
We will explore different kinds of movement, from gentle and calming rocking to energizing shaking, playing with the parameters of frequency, amplitude and intensity to harmonize with all the rhythms of the dance of life. We will travel from an osteopathic to a shamanic perspective, and connect with the elements of water, fire and air.
~~ Our main inspirations for this part are:
* the teachings of the legendary Thai master Chaiyuth as developed and shared by his disciples Krishnatakis (the founder of the prestigious Sunshine House in Greece) and David Lutt (the founder of Lulyani in France);
* Osteothai – the application of osteopathic principles and techniques through Thai massage, as taught by the French osteopath David Lutt;
* Wuo Tai – a playful blend of osteopathy and contact dance, invented by the French osteopath Roland Combes.
We will move constantly between these two topics, so that your massage sessions can have different proportions of rhythm and stillness, according to the needs of the particular receiver and the moment.
Throughout the course we will also focus on:
- developing our feeling and listening skills in order to reach new depths, exploring the link between the Thai meridians and Western anatomy, developing our palpation to release blockages and exploring the fascinating world of fascia, the cranio-sacral system and more!
- discussing and exploring some therapeutic applications of Thai massage – which can be divinely relaxing, as we know, but can also be used very effectively to treat different ailments!
- adding to our toolbox some great techniques for working on the belly – a crucial part of the body that is too often left out in regular massage treatments
Throughout the course we will also deal with:
- developing palpation and “listening” skills in order to reach new depths in your work
- understanding the links between Eastern meridians and Western anatomies and releasing blockages in them
- exploring the fascinating world of fascia and the cranio-sacral system
- applying Thai massage in a therapeutic setting without sacrificing the quality of touch
- working the belly (the centre of our body, so often missed out in treatments!) in a non-invasive way
Depending on the needs of the group this timetable may change, so don’t get too attached to it ;-)
The assistants will be offering professional Thai massage treatments at a very reasonable price during the lunch break :-)
Meditation and yoga help prepare the mind and the body for the practice of massage, and are part of the course. You need to attend at least 90% of the massage classes and 50% of the meditation and yoga sessions to get the certificate of completion.
The course will be held in English if there are any participants who don't speak Polish.
ABOUT THE FACILITATORS
ALFONSO CAZENAVE (KARUNA BODYWORK)
Alfonso has been a dedicated bodyworker for years - constantly discovering and exploring new methods and approaches, both Eastern and Western, adding up to thousands of hours of courses and massage experience. He started with Swedish massage in 2007, and in 2013 he “converted” to Thai massage, in which he found a holistic approach, a spiritual dimension and focus on the quality of touch. He studied with world-renowned teachers in Thailand (where he spent 10 months in total), Greece and Germany. In 2016 he started assisting his teachers in prestigious schools in Thailand (Sunshine Network, Sunshine Massage School), Greece (Sunshine House) and France (Lulyani). He also conducts his own courses, retreats and workshops in different European countries.
He calls his work “contemporary Thai massage”: a unique blend of static-dynamic Thai massage, Osteothai, Wuo Tai, biodynamic craniosacral therapy and energy work. Deep, precise and multidimensional. He believes in a holistic approach to the human being and in the power of mindful touch. He insists that Thai massage can be pleasant and effective at the same time, and (contrary to popular belief) it needn’t be painful. He loves to work with the fascia in a non-invasive way. He sees each massage session as a silent dialogue, a meditation in motion, a sacred dance.
He loves sharing what he is passionate about. He has been teaching for over 20 years: first music, then languages, now massage and yoga. As a teacher he is enthusiastic, commited, straightforward, honest, generous, precise, approachable and fun. He always invites experienced assistants.
For more information, check:
Michał has been devotedly practicing Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga since 2005. He has studied with renowned teachers like Basia Lipska-Larsen, Manju Jois, Nancy Gilgoff, Danny Paradise, Maty Ezraty, David Keil, Kino MacGregor, etc.
He started teaching yoga regularly in 2009, and did his 500-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher course in 2011.
He is well-known by his kind and respectful way of sharing Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with people of varied backgrounds, age, experience, abilities and needs.
ABOUT THE VENUE
Bedrooms for 2, 3 or 4 people, plus a 10-bed dorm for those who prefer a cheaper alternative.
The room where we will be practicing has 110 sq. m. and a heated wooden floor, and it opens straight into the forest :-)
More info here:
* Super Early Bird special offer (registration before the end of February, only 6 spots!)
350 EUR / 1500 PLN
* Early Bird discount (registration before the end of May)
430 EUR / 1850 PLN
* Full price
520 EUR / 2250 PLN
The fee includes:
- course manual
- daily massage classes (mininum 6 hours per day)
- daily meditation and yoga classes
- certificate of completion
The fee includes accommodation (6 nights) and 3 meals a day (vegan food, with some vegetarian options from time to time).
TOTAL AMOUNT (bedroom / dorm):
INFORMATION AND RESERVATION
+48 532 180 009
In order to ensure individual contact with the facilitating team, SPOTS ARE LIMITED.
In order to secure your spot, a reservation fee of 140 EUR (or 600 PLN) is required. This amount is non-refundable.
(Of course if the course had to be cancelled for some reason, we would give back this reservation fee immediately.)
Account number for payments in Polish złotys:
Ochota na Jogę
75 1140 2004 0000 3402 7717 2534
Account number (IBAN) for payments in euros:
Ochota na Jogę
PL08 1140 2004 0000 3412 0608 5510